Gigi Hadid's Vodka Pasta Recipe
When Gigi Hadid's Pasta Recipe went viral, it blew up Instagram and TikTok! Does it live up to the hype?! Absolutely! This creamy, spicy vodka sauce is restaurant-quality and such a cinch to make! This is Gigi's exact recipe from Instagram (double in size) and you can make this recipe with any unflavoured vodka you like!
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Nutrition: 820 Calories
- 1 lb shell pasta + 1 cup starchy cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese + more to taste
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped basil, to taste
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid before draining.
- While pasta is cooking, over medium heat, add olive oil to a large pan.
- When oil is hot, add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Stir often so garlic doesn't burn.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Tomato paste will turn a slightly darker colour.
- Add vodka and cook for 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often until sauce thickens (it will thicken up quickly!).
- Add in your pasta, 1/2 cup of pasta water and butter. Stir, stir, stir until butter is "melted and saucy" according to Gigi! 🙂 Make sure the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Add a little more pasta water if sauce seems too thick.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Category: Dinner Cuisine: Italian