Almond Cocktails For Almond Day!
I dare you to find me a nut that has received more love in the alcohol field than almonds? Hint: you can't because there isn't one! They are literally the darling of the nut-o-sphere (if such a thing exists) and we love almonds too. Their bittersweet flavour has given a platform for some of the most beloved liqueurs and cocktails to be created so here are 5 of our absolute fav almonds cocktails.
The Pina Colada is a pillar in any cocktail makers repertoire and I bet your dad even makes a great one come summertime… but not like this! New York’s finest bartenders have added an almondy amaretto kick to the regular Pina Colada and aptly dubbed it Rocket Fuel. You have to try this combo out.
- 70ml Plantation Original Dark Rum
- 70ml Disaronno Amaretto
- 50ml Wray & Nephew White Over Proof Rum
- 30ml Coconut cream
- 180ml Pineapple juice
- Splash of milk
- Crushed ice
- Brandied cherry
- Pour dark rum, amaretto, cream of coconut, pineapple juice and milk into a blender with crushed ice.
- Blend until smooth (add more ice if necessary), and pour into a Hurricane glass.
- Carefully pour the rum into your glass.
- Garnish the drink with a cherry.
The Amaretto Sour is a beautiful balance of sweetness and sour yet unmistakably almondy. With most sours a heavy helping of syrup is needed to offset the bitter citrus flavours. An amaretto sour is different though, the sweet ** does most of the heavy lifting in that department and therefore you only need a ** of ** to make the medicine go down.
- 60ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 1 dash Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 30ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Pasteurise egg white
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and dry shake to combine.
- Add fresh ice to the shaker and shake again until chilled.
- Strain over fresh ice into an Old Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and brandied cherries, if desired.
Although it first appeared in print in the 1971 edition of the Playboy Bartender’s Guide, it’s unclear how or why the Alabama Slammer was invented. The combination of Southern Comfort, gin, amaretto and orange juice is definitely unconventional, but the result is a delicious citrus flavour with a nutty aftertaste. A word of warning, these are dangerously easy to drink!
- 30ml Disaronno Amaretto
- 30ml Southern Comfort
- 30ml Gordon's Sloe Gin
- 30ml Orange Juice
- Combine in a Boston shaker with ice.
- Shake until the outside of the shaker becomes very cold.
- Strain through the shaker lid into a glass.
- Add ice if desired to keep drink cool.
Amaretto Blood Orange Mojito
Mojitos are one of our favourite cocktails ever. So refreshing and light they’re practically perfect… almost! Our twist adds a bonus sour blood orange kick with a shot of sweetness courtesy of our beloved amaretto and is super easy to make!
- 10ml Luxardo Amaretto
- 40ml Sailor Jerry Rum
- 30ml Cointreau Blood Orange Liqueur
- 3 Mint leaves
- 3 Slices of lime
- Pour fruit into a glass.
- Muddle with the syrup.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir and serve with a straw.
And last but certainly not least we give you The Bakewelltini! This cocktail is a delicious mix of flavoured vodka, amaretto and cranberry juice. Any sort of dessert cocktail hybrid is an instant for us so we had to include it on this list.
- 25ml Disaronno Amaretto
- 20ml Absolut Raspberry
- 10ml Stolichnaya Vanil
- 15ml Bols Creme de Cassis
- 20ml Fresh Cranberry Juice
- Add all ingredients and ice into a boston shaker.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with cherries.
Still nutty for nuts? Check out our Delicious Cocktail Recipes For World Nutella Day blog HERE.