Whiskey & Coke Cocktail Recipe
The recipe is right there in the drink’s name, but there’s perhaps slightly more to it than throwing two liquids any which way into a glass in order to execute it optimally. The Whiskey & Coke is as simple a two-ingredient drink as cocktails get, but ingredients and proportions still matter.
As the drink’s name implies, its two components are Coca-Cola or any cola of your choice (though Coke’s relatively high acidity renders it a particularly good match against the liquor), plus any whiskey, though Jack Daniel’s seems to be by far the most popular option—which is then called, yes, a Jack & Coke.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 85 Calories
- 2 ounces whiskey
- Coca-Cola, chilled, to top (4 to 6 ounces, to taste)
- Garnish: lemon twist (optional)
- Add the whiskey into a double rocks glass over one large ice cube or a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top with the cola and stir briefly and gently to combine.
- Garnish with a lemon twist, if desired.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails