Spicy Margarita Cocktail
Let's add a little bit of spice to our fave Mexican cocktail. The #spicymarg has attained a bit of a cult-like appreciation across the world. We love a margarita as one sip can transport us to a sunny beach, where music plays and worries are few. Whether it's a sunny August day or a gloomy weeknight in Winter, this bev is a powerful mood-booster.
While you really can choose whichever Tequila you prefer for this recipe, Silver or Blanco Tequila is our go-to. It has a milder flavour and blends super well in cocktails.
One thing that is mandatory however is the chilli salt rim - we know it’s a slightly messy step in cocktail making but it’s SO worth it. The chilli salt rim and a wedge of lime to garnish will have these cocktails totally insta-ready. Don’t forget to tag us in your creations @thebottleclub.
Prep time: 3 minutes
- 2 ounces Blanco Tequila
- 1 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- 2–3 jalapeño slices
- 1 tsp jalapeño juice (from a jar of pickled jalapeños)
- 1 tsp sugar syrup (or sweetener of choice, more or less to taste)
- 1 egg white (psst! Vegans, you can swap this for chickpea water!)
- Chilli salt (either store bought, or made at home with equal parts salt, chilli powder and paprika)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Combine the fresh squeezed lime juice, orange juice, spicy jalapeño juice, sweetener, and Blanco tequila in a cocktail shaker and shake. Shake 10-15 seconds. Add the egg white and shake vigorously again for 20 more seconds.
- Rim your glass with lime juice and rub it into the salt seasoning until the rim is completely coated.
- Strain the mixture over ice after rimming your glass.
- Add two slices of jalapeño and a lime wedge for garnishing.
Category: Drink | Cuisine: Mexican