Sparkling Rosé Margarita Cocktail Recipe
The Margarita is an essential summer cocktail, right up there with the Mojito, Mint Julep and Daiquiri. Its iconic balance of sweet and tart and boozy is perfect for those warm summer afternoons in the sun. And while its pure form—that of tequila, lime, triple sec and sugar—is pretty much untouchable, the template lends itself well to playful variations, twists, and additions.
One immediate concern might be that adding sparkling rosé will make the drink sweet. And sure, if you opt for a bottom-shelf supermarket bottle of pink bubbly, you run that risk. But sparkling rosé from all over—including France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, North and South America and even Australia and New Zealand—can be dry and delish.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Nutrition: 273 Calories
- 1.5 ounces tequila 1 shot
- .75 ounces triple sec 1/2 shot
- 1 juice of lime
- 4 ounces sparkling rosé
- 1 tbsp sugar for making the sugar rim
- 1/4 c ice
- Add ice, tequila triple sec, and juice of one lime to a cocktail shaker
Shake until chilled
- Rub the rim of a glass with a lime wedge and dip in sugar
- Pour cocktail shaker mixture carefully into glass and top with sparkling rosé
- Add a lime slice garnish – enjoy!
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails