Snowball Cocktail Recipe
A snowball is a quintessential Christmas Cocktail, a staple of the festive period. It’s traditionally made with the creamy liqueur Advocaat, a mixture of egg yolks, sugar, brandy and vanilla, which can either be homemade or bought from a supermarket. It gets its name from the dome of white foam at the top of the drink that's created when you combine the Advocaat with lemonade.
If you're a fan of creamy cocktails, such as eggnog, and sweet yet tangy tastes, you'll love a snowball. Though it was first created in the 1940s, the Snowball we love today really took shape in the 1970s, and there's a reason it has been a staple ever since. Don't forget to top it with its iconic maraschino cherry!
Nutrition: 134 Calories
- 50ml of Advocaat
- 50ml of Lemonade
- 15ml of lime juice or cordial
- 1 Maraschino Cherry (garnish)
- Shake Advocaat and freshly squeezed lime juice or cordial together with ice.
- Strain into a coupe or martini glass and top up with lemonade.
- Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails