Pornstar Martini Recipe
You may think there is a funny, risqué, or exciting story behind the Pornstar Martini cocktail. We're sorry to disappoint, but the drink actually was named as an accident! “The drink is very evocative and tantalising. I called it Pornstar because I thought it was something that a pornstar would drink. There's nothing sexual there,” the creator said in an interview. The stylish cocktail was created by Douglas Ankrah, a mixologist at the centre of London’s trendiest bar scene in 2002. It became an overnight sensation and is now one of the most popular cocktails in the world, partially due to the delicious flavours, and in part due to the memorable name.
For the most part, when people are served a pornstar martini, they just toss the shot of prosecco into the cocktail and fire away by drinking it that way, right? Well there is some debate around the "proper" way to drink a pornstar martini drink. Who can resist a cocktail that comes with its own side-piece, after all?! Still, this two-in-one serve leads to some questions: when are you meant to drink that shot of prosecco? What do you do with the garnish? We don't have an answer - it's delicious either way!
While many bartenders put their own spin on the pornstar martini ingredients with tequila and rum, the original version used just four ingredients, vanilla sugar and vodka, passion fruit liqueur and purée.
Prep time: 3 Minutes
Nutrition: 280 Calories
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla flavoured vodka
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit liqueur
- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce vanilla simple syrup
- 2 ounces sparkling wine, chilled
- Garnish: 1/2 cup passion fruit
- Add all ingredients except sparkling wine into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a passion fruit half.
- Serve with a sparkling wine sidecar (on the side).
Category: Drinks Cuisine: Cocktail