Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe
Embrace your inner Carrie Bradshaw with the cosmopolitan cocktail, typically referred to as the "cosmo,". This timeless classic gained popularity during the 1990s, but was supposedly first coined in the summer of 1975. The combination of vodka, orange liqueur, lime juice, and cranberry juice have made it a much loved drink and a staple at most bars.
Not overly sweet or too tart, our cosmopolitan cocktail recipe is perfect to impress guests or simply treat yourself after a hard week. To take it to the next level, when choosing the vodka, go for something mid to high range. The other thing to remember here is to use fresh lime juice – not the bottled stuff. It’s a little more work, but definitely worth it in flavour.
We also love adding a little orange peel to this. It may look like that’s simply a garnish, but if you do it right, it adds a little sweetness, which hides the strength and scent of the vodka. When you add the orange peel, peel it over the glass. This way, any juice that sprays out from the orange, falls into the drink.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 331 Calories
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) triple sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons) cranberry juice cocktail (Sweetened)
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce (1 1/2 teaspoons to 3 teaspoons) fresh lime juice
- One 2-inch orange peel/twist
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and lime juice.
- Shake the cocktail shaker for about 30 seconds until well chilled. Then, strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with orange peel/twist.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails