Colletti Royale Cocktail Recipe
While the Margarita is already a pretty flawless drink, there are few things that cannot be improved by the addition of Champagne, especially rosé Champagne. Enter the Colletti Royale, a spritzy, boozy cocktail from bartender Julie Reiner, co-owner of the celebrated cocktail bars Clover Club and Leyenda in New York City.
This vivid orange spritzer gets its striking colors from blood oranges and rosé Champagne, which means it can be a bit tricky to make in the warmer months when blood oranges are out of season. The juice blends lovingly with tequila, and is further enhanced by the brandy-based orange liqueur Cointreau, as well as two dashes of orange bitters. St-Germain, an elderflower liqueur, adds sweetness and floral notes, amplifying the drink’s complexity and depth; some lime juice helps balance the acidity and sweetness.
Prep time: 2 Minutes
Nutrition: 190 Calories
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1/2 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce St-Germain
- 1/2 ounce blood orange juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- Rosé Champagne, chilled, to top (approximately 3 ounces)
- Garnish: blood orange wheel
- Add the tequila, Cointreau, St-Germain, blood orange juice, lime juice and bitters into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a wine glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with the rosé Champagne.
- Garnish with a blood orange wheel.
Category: Drinks | Cuisine: Cocktails